RETURN TO MAIN MENU | PRINT
Data Collection & Forms
[ SCROLL TO SECTIONS IN CHAPTER ]
Within WCONLINE, data is collected on three main forms: the registration form, the appointment form, and the client report form. This chapter discusses the various forms, as well as specialized types of form data (such as off-schedule client report forms or group appointments. In brief, the three main forms are used as follows and are all configured via the Form Setup control panels in your Welcome menu.
- REGISTRATION FORM: The registration form is filled out by every client before they can access the system. The form is typically used to collect demographic information (such as standing, major, and graduation year), as well as information that only needs collected once (such as how an individual heard about the center). Once a client completes the registration form, they'll have an account on your system and will be able to log in. The manual entry on the Update Profile & Email Options tool provides extensive information about the registration form and its use.
- APPOINTMENT FORM: The appointment form is filled out when making an appointment. Typically, the form is used for collecting appointment or meeting-specific information (such as the student's course, instructor, and assignment details). This form should not be used to collect one-time demographic information since it is filled out every time an appointment is made. This manual provides both an overview of the appointment form and its use and information on specialized appointment types like group, placeholder, walk-in, synchronous, and asynchronous appointments.
- CLIENT REPORT FORM: The client report form is only available to administrators and is filled out by a staff member after meeting with a client. This form is typically used to record the details of what was worked on during a given meeting. Administrators are able to review previously-entered client report forms in order to prepare for an upcoming session. This manual provides an overview of the client report form including information on off-schedule client report forms.
In addition to the three main forms, additional data can also be collected through the optional survey and time clock modules:
- SURVEY FORM: The post-session, anonymous survey that can be used to solicit and collect feedback from your clients about their sessions at your center. The manual entry on the Module Setup: Survey tool provides extensive information about the survey configuration and use.
- TIME CLOCK FORM: The time clock included with WCONLINE can be used to collect information when someone clocks in or out or checks in or out for their appointment. The manual entry on the Module Setup: Time Clock tool provides extensive information about the time clock configuration and use.
Regardless of the form, keep in mind that WCONLINE was designed and programmed with a constant eye towards ease-of-use. In our experience, clients (or those seeking services at your center) rarely need instructions in order to use the program. Rather, they follow the on-screen instructions to register and select an open time to make an appointment. Similarly, and with very little instruction, staff can log in and select appointments to see a client's details or to add a post-session client report form. If you feel that clients or staff would benefit from additional instruction other than what is provided within the system, consider adding announcements via Announcement Management.
SECTION 1: Appointment Form Overview
SECTION 2: Specialized Appointment Types
SECTION 3: Client Report Forms
WCONLINE Product Manual
The product manual is available completely online. Choose a chapter from the list below or use the search tool to perform a keyword search.