RETURN TO MAIN MENU | PRINT
Control Panel & Feature Access
In Global System Settings (which you'll find under the "System Configuration" section of the Welcome menu), you can define a variety of system-wide settings and controls. The final section in Global System Settings, titled "Control Panel & Feature Access" and available by clicking "CONTROL PANEL ACCESS" in the "JUMP TO" links, lets you define what control panels and features basic administrators can and cannot access. As with all control panels, be sure to hover over the blue question marks within the control panel in order to find suggestions and more information about each configuration option.
Full administrators can always access all control panels listed in the 'Welcome' menu. Basic administrators can only access those control panels designated within this control panel. Additionally, full administrators can always access post-session client report forms, whereas a basic administrators' access is determined by the setting in this control panel. Regardless of the settings below, basic administrators will not have the ability to delete large amounts of data (such as would happen if a schedule was deleted) or the ability to manage administrative access.
Control Panel & Feature Access
By default, basic administrators have access to CLIENT REPORT FORMS and CLIENT AND RECORD MANAGEMENT. This allows basic administrators to view a client's profile, manage appointments, prepare for a session by reviewing client report forms, and enter and edit post-session client report forms. To give basic administrators access to a control panel or feature, set the option to "Basic & Full Administrators." To make a control panel only available to full administrators, set the option to "Full Administrators." To return to our recommendations and the default values, click the RESET CONTROL PANEL ACCESS TO THE RECOMMENDED DEFAULTS link. And, to find more about what any of the listed control panels or features do, be sure to search for that area or feature in this manual.
In our experience, it's rare to give basic administrators access to the following control panels, almost all under "Control Panel Access," as these control panels provide control over major settings within the program:
- SCHEDULE MANAGEMENT: Add and modify schedules and schedule-related settings.
- FORM MANAGEMENT: Update and change your appointment, client report, and registration form questions and available answers through the Form Setup control panels.
- ANNOUNCEMENT MANAGEMENT: Add and modify announcements as displayed at the top of schedules and on the login page.
- OPTIONAL MODULES SETUP: Configure the options of the time clock, survey, and early alert system via Module Setup: Time Clock, Module Setup: Early Alerts & Flags, and Module Setup: Surveys.
- REPORT: SYSTEM UTILIZATION: View and run the System Utilization Report.
- REPORT: SYSTEM STATISTICS: View and run the System Statistics Report.
- SYSTEM DATA EXPORT: Export system data into downloaded spreadsheets.
- MASS EMAIL TOOL: Send mass emails to all clients or to a subset of clients or administrators.
- Under "Feature Access," MIN/MAX APPOINTMENT LENGTHS: Make appointments that override your minimum and maximum appointment lengths, set in Staff and Resource Management.
- Under "Feature Access," PENCIL ICON ACCESS: Use the pencil icon to change the name of a staff or resource on a single day of the schedule, as might be needed when someone is out sick.
Centers who want staff to set up their own listings in Staff and Resource Management and who want those staff to enter their initial schedules themselves typically give basic administrators access to:
- STAFF MANAGEMENT: Add and modify staff and resource listings as set in Staff and Resource Management.
- STARTING AVAILABILITY MANAGEMENT: Add initial recurring schedules and availabilities to staff or resource entries.
Centers who want staff to be able to modify their own availability typically give basic administrators access to:
- BLACKOUT TIMES MANAGEMENT: Add, modify, and delete unavailable time or blackouts as displayed on the schedule. If this option is set to "Basic & Full Administrators," then both basic and full administrators will be able to create, modify, and delete any blackout, as well as access Blackout Times Management. If set to "'Basic (Limited) & Full Administrators," then basic administrators will only be able to add, modify or delete blackouts if the email address that they use to log in to WCONLINE matches the email address listed in Staff & Resource Management for a specific resource. Setting this option would, therefore, only allow basic administrators to manage their own blackouts and would prevent them from changing other resources' blackouts and availability.
Centers that need to keep client report forms confidential to staff as well as clients would most likely adjust, under "Feature Access," the following:
- CLIENT REPORT FORMS: Client Report Forms are the forms that administrators enter to record their notes about a meeting with a client. By default, basic administrators have access to post-session client report forms and can use existing forms to help prepare for an upcoming meeting. If this option is set to "Full Administrators," then only full administrators will be able to view existing client report forms. If set to "Basic (Limited) & Full Administrators," then basic administrators will only be able to view forms for appointments with their listing as a staff or resource (assuming they log in with the email listed for that staff and resource in Staff and Resource Management). They will not be able to view client report forms for appointments with other resources.
Finally, centers that want to remove all administrators' access to the option to add an off-schedule client report form (for meetings or notes that could not be recorded as appointments) might check under "Feature Access" and adjust the following:
- OFF-SCHEDULE CLIENT REPORT FORMS: With the default, "Enabled," the optional link to add a new off-schedule client report form appears at the top left of the schedule. Both full and basic administrators tend to use off-schedule client report forms infrequently, and, when used, they are included in client report data. If you would like to never have administrators add off-schedule client report forms, so that they can add only client report forms attached to appointments, choose "Disabled."
SECTION 1: Introductory Settings
SECTION 2: General Settings
SECTION 3: File Upload-Specific Settings
SECTION 4: Registration-Specific Settings
SECTION 5: Cross-Schedule Limits
SECTION 6: Appointment, Unavailable Time, and System Colors
SECTION 7: Social Media
SECTION 8: No-Show Policy and Enforcement
SECTION 9: Control Panel & Feature Access
SECTION 10: System Integrations
SECTION 11: Language Options
SECTION 12: Authentication Options
WCONLINE Product Manual
The product manual is available completely online. Choose a chapter from the list below or use the search tool to perform a keyword search.